At Fruitful Office we are committed to continuously improving our environmental credentials as we grow!
This helps to mitigate the effects of global warming, deforestation and provides an income support to local communities in Malawi, Africa.
We provide fruit to the London Zoo with the aim of cutting down on waste food and benefitting the animals.
The fruit is perfectly edible but fails to meet our strict quality control standards for delivery to our clients. Instead of it being wasted, it is provided to the zoo twice weekly where it is put to good use in supplementing the animals’ regular diet of vegetables and seeds.
Fruitful Office has also teamed up with FareShare to provide them with our excess fruit each week to redistribute to those in need.
FareShare is a national charity that supports organisations across the UK working with homeless and vulnerable people on the margins of society. Through redistributing surplus products from the food and drink industry they provide a food service, to a network of local charities.
- We source most of our fruit from the UK and Western Europe to help support UK producers and minimize fuel emissions from long-haul transportation.
- We never buy air-freighted fruit.
- Eco-friendly rotation of baskets: on each delivery day we deliver FULL baskets and collect the EMPTY baskets to re-use them. This avoids packaging wastage with each delivery.
- Our Fruit Boxes are made from 100% recycled paper. They are 100% recyclable and we would encourage you to do so!
- Eco-efficient deliveries: We operate eco-friendly delivery routes by minimizing the duplication of van paths.
Warehouse and Office Policy
- When we buy our fresh fruit, it arrives packaged in cardboard boxes on pallets. We recycle all these cardboard boxes meaning that they do not end up in landfill sites.
- Minimising paper print-outs at Fruitful Office! This includes sending out our monthly invoices to our clients electronically in PDF format.