Find out how fruit can improve your health and performance!read more
Fruitful Office supports NHS's 5 A DAY campaign
The NHS's 5 A DAY campaign highlights the health benefits of eating five portions of fruit and vegetables evert day. This number is based on advice from the World Health Organization, which recommends eating a certain amount of fruit and vegetables each day to lower the risk of serious health problems.
According to the NHS there are five great reasons to eat five portions of fruit and vegetables each day:
- They are a good source of vitamins and minerals, which help your immune system
- They are an excellent source of dietary fibre, which helps your digestive system
- They can help reduce the risk of serious disease, like heart disease, stroke and some cancers
- They contribute to a healthy and balanced diet
- They taste delicious and there is a lot of variety to choose from
We believe that offering regular fresh fruit to staff is a great way for companies to promote a healthy work environment and help busy office workers get to their 5 A DAY.
You can learn more about 5 A DAY here http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/5ADAY/Pages/5ADAYhome.aspx